Saturday, June 23, 2007
Unfriendly?
Just sidetracking a bit... I just watched this video on youtube about this guy Juan Mann giving free hugs. And I watched another video of these two kids giving free hugs in Singapore. Well, there's only one thing I've gotta say man... Singaporeans are SO unfriendly! Just go hug the guy man! What are you afraid of? Scared he'll pocket your money or something?Yeah that's what everyone thinks. Don't talk to a stranger, lest hug one. So unfriendly! Anyways, in England, especially in Scotland, Edinburgh, you wave at some random person on the street and they'll probably wave back or something. Well if you do that in Singapore, people will laugh at you and think you're mad.
I think we're just too cooped up in our small little impolite, insecure society, we fail to acknowledge the fact that the world isn't that full of robbers and bad people as you think. How do you spread the warmth with free hugs if everyone acts like that?